Dancing Flower Erich Schiffmann video

Home Forums Ask Erich Photos – Videos – etc. of BIGmind online Dancing Flower Erich Schiffmann video

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AKoSM
    Keymaster

Uploaded on Aug 31, 2008

I was working at my desk when I looked out the window and saw this floating flower. I did a double take because it kept being where it was, and it was floating, dancing! So I quickly grabbed my camera and started filming. I was certain the flower was dangling on a spider thread, but I never saw it. Even now as I watch the footage, there is no evidence of anything other than pure flotation/levitation. After a few minutes I went outside to get a better look, but still no obvious thread from which it was dangling. I zoom in close to get a better look, and then zoom out again to get the overview. After about 10 minutes the phone rang. I went inside to get the phone and when I came back out the flower was gone. I totally love this clip. It’s like that scene in American Beauty with the paper bag. Spider thread or no, I love the magical feeling this dancing flower evoked in me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

From it’s motion I imagine a spider on the upper end of the thread, trying it’s darndest to try to haul that flower up, or perhaps flying it purposefully, like a kite, or fishing for humans 🙂 – for whatever reason a spider or caterpillar would think it’s a great idea to do that. I wonder if all species have the odd ducks who do different things that make no sense to the rest of their kind.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.